About this Show

The O Reilly Factor

News/Business. (2013) New. (CC)

NETWORK

DURATION
01:01:00

RATING

SCANNED IN
San Francisco, CA, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Channel v760

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
ac3

PIXEL WIDTH
1280

PIXEL HEIGHT
720

TOPIC FREQUENCY

Us 13, Irs 10, Washington 9, Jay Carney 6, Obama Administration 6, The Irs 6, Morrell 4, Beckel 4, Carney 4, Rosen 4, Barack Obama 3, Bob Beckel 3, Petraeus 3, Dennis Miller 3, Fbi 3, Bill Clinton 3, Polaris 3, Geico 3, Angelina Jolie 3, New Buffalo 3,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  FOX News    The O Reilly Factor    News/Business.   
   (2013) New. (CC)  

    May 15, 2013
    5:00 - 6:01pm PDT  

5:00pm
no-no 40 years ago today. now you know the news for this webs, may 15th, 2013. we had like six lead stories today. well, o'reilly will get to them. leftovers. >> bill: the o'reilly factor is on. tonight: transparency and the rule of law will be the touch stones of this presidency. >> wow. what happened to that? the obama administration is now stonewalling three separate controversies. and it is paying a terrible price. >> how does the president say with a straight face americans who trust their government? >> bill: tonight, we will report on all the controversies with bob beckel, kirsten powers, dennis miller, james rosen, and carl cameron. >> bill o'reilly wants to know how you think the country is doing right now. >> it's a longer discussion than a red carpet. bill buy the world stunned by actress angelina jolie underwent a double mastectomy. a close friend of ours did that as well.
5:01pm
we will talk about e.d. hill about her discussion. >> late breaking news. the president fires the head of the irs. caution. you are about to enter the no spin zone, the factor begins right now. >> hi, i'm bill o'reilly. thanks for watching us tonight. the obama administration going south fast. can it save itself that is the subject of this east coast's talking points memo. headline right now the irs scandal could be worse than benghazi as the president fires irs chief stephan miller. at this point mr. obama had to do that. >> i will do everything in my power to make sure nothing like this happens again. by holding the responsible parties accountable, by putting in place new checks and safeguards and going forward by making sure that the laws applied as it
5:02pm
should be in a fair and impartial way. the irs admitting it targeted conservatives. listen to this. just hours earlier, than what the president just said, jay carney was saying that the white house can't really explain how the irs corruption happened because fbi is investigating. i cannot obviously comment on the investigation that the attorney general announced the other day. what i can say is that the president believes that the conduct reported in the ig's review is inappropriate. it is wrong. and there needs to be consequences for that conduct. >> bill: all right. so miller gets thrown out. but how many times are those guys going to use that ruse.
5:03pm
terrorists brought to justice and nothing happens. can we get details about the irs admittedly abusing its power because there is an investigation we can't know generally how that happened? come on. the agency admits targeting conservatives so, please give us some indication of how that can possibly happen. it doesn't hinder the fbi. all of this chaos is putting enormous amount of pressure on the executive branch as the president is not going to get anything done until he himself addresses the scandal in detail. again, telling us how these things happen. in order to guide the white house along. here are some questions that president obama should answer at tomorrow's press conference. question one, it's crucial. to decided that susan rice should go on five sunday talk shows? who decided to send her out
5:04pm
there. there is a follow-up. emails released today proved that cia deputy director mike morell signed off on ambassador rice's talking points even though they were wrong. why hasn't he explained 8 months boss david petraeus on the record uncomfortable blaming the attack on a video. why hasn't morrell been fired like miller? second question armed teams on the night christopher stephens and three other americans were killed by terrorists. why didn't those teams help the ambassador? very specifically, why didn't they help? next question. when exactly, mr. president, were you convinced the benghazi attack was generated by organized terrorists and not by a spontaneous mob? two weeks after the attack still1 you were still referencing an anti-muslim video when you were just told days after the fact by your own national security people that al qaeda was
5:05pm
most likely linked to the killing of the ambassador. finally, why was it necessary to seize phone records from the associated press? why? again, simple question hes. and that's the memo. now for the top story tonight. reaction. with us one the stars of the five bob beckel. am i asking too much? the president is going to have a press conference tomorrow. shouldn't he answer each and every one of those questions? >> i think he ought to answer a lot of those questions. i don't think he should answer the question about the a.p. that's an ongoing national security issue. >> bill: just general though. just general. >> is there a reason why they can't say why susan rice who put susan rice on those talk shows no. that ought to be answered. >> bill: that's one they should answer, okay. >> two, what he did today with the irs by firing miller is the first step and it ought to be more substantive than that we ought to find out why and why it was the cincinnati doing this stuff. more importantly than all of this is the abuse ever the internal revenue service on looking into conservative groups. that happened to me in the
5:06pm
1970s, it happens now just as easily. >> bill: tomorrow, according to bob beckel, the president should be prepared to give us more why behind it but morrell. look at morrell, second in command at the cia still there. why is he there? he should have been fired, correct? >> you want the second in command to be misleading the world? if you believe that petraeus says. that's what petraeus says. again, petraeus says that he was an honorable married man too. >> i owned up to that. >> why keeping morrell? if he mislead everybody and we know now because those things were released today the emails were released after the factor demanded it. >> i'm sure that's why it was. >> why was morrell there. what about you, mr. president? don't you think that barack obama is in trouble now? don't you think he is in trouble? >> i mean, if he doesn't know that then i think he is a much more blind
5:07pm
politician than i think he is. >> bill: don't you think the people are starting to turn against him and losing credibility not only with the folks but with congress. going to be harder to get immigration bill passed. hardered to get any immigration passed. isn't he weakening now. >> amazing second term presidents get in a scandal and amazing how many come through it like bill clinton and barack obama will as well. >> bill: the firing of miller, the irs chief tonight, this is the beginning of barack obama's come back? >> i believe in time the press will turn the other way. if they do some substantive things and answer some of these questions i think the answer is yes. >> all right. so you think the press, which is in love with the president, generally speaking. will take this as a sign that everything is going to go back to normal? >> i think they were in love with him and now they turned against him as the pretty wants to do they will turn back the other way. >> why would they turn back the other way. >> they are a mob mentality. if somebody writes it first they will write it second. >> bill: why would they
5:08pm
turn back the other way? george w. bush they didn't turn back the other way. >> he is not the same politician. much better politician than. >> is it about politics. >> most all of this is about politics. >> a brief. >> philosophy and politics not necessarily crossed paths at least in my letime. >> bill: more on how the press handle this. tomorrow is is a very important press conference for president obama. >> yes, it is. >> bill: he has to explain the how and why of these things rather than just okay, i'm firing the guy. that's easy. all right? isn't that easy? i'm firing the guy. >> i think he better have some long meetings tonight getting ready for this press conference. >> bill: now, generally speaking, are you disappointed with your guy, beckel? you are a big obama guy. >> i am a big obama guy and i many disappointed particularly what happened with the irs. it shouldn't have happened. >> bill: not in benghazi? >> benghazi is a republican earth to try to get rid of clinton. >> bill: really you? think it's a republican effort to want to know why armed u.s. teams sent to benghazi.
5:09pm
>> the interest someone in that administration let them die. >> bill: the ifns is. >> certainly is. >> bill: wasn't anyone in charge at the moment who made a correct decision. >> sounds like republicans on capitol hill investigated this things so times. george bush lost nine people on his lost under his watch. >> bill: nothing this big. >> four dead people. >> a lot of that was in iraq as you know. now, listen, don't you think, don't you think that the american people should know the answer to that very sim question? you had armed special forces in tripoli. they were told to stand down and not go to benghazi. don't you think, just nonpartisan. we should know why that order was given? >> we should know who gave the order, yes. >> so you are agreeing with me. pretty much throughout the whole segment. >> no. imro agree with everything you said. i agree with that part of it? >> 80% you agree with. >> 60. about 45% more than i normally do. >> bill: all right, beckel.
5:10pm
see you tomorrow a big press conference tomorrow and all throughout this broadcast we are going to update you on everything that happens. next on the rundown, is the washington establishment turning against president obama? some say yes. to then we will talk to the national coordinator to the tea party patriots about being targeted by the irs. she was directly. we are coming right back. both tylenol and bayer back & body are proven to be effective pain relievers tylenol works by blocking pain signals to your brain bayer back & body's dual action formula includes aspirin, which blocks pain at the site. try the power of bayer back & body. all stations come over to mithis is for real this time. step seven point two one two. rify and lock. command is locked. five seconds.
5:11pm
three, two, one. standing by for capture. the most innovative software on the planet... dragon is captured. is connecting today's leading companies to places beyond it. siemens. answers. we believe it can be the most valuable real estate on earth. ♪ that's why we designed our newest subaru from the back seat forward. introducing the all-new, completely restyled subaru forester. love. it's what makes a subaru, a subaru. welwhere new york state is... investing one billion dollars to attract and grow business. where companies like geico are investing in technology & finance. welcome to the state where cutting taxes for business... is our business.
5:12pm
welcome to the new buffalo. welcome to the new buffalo. welcome to the new buffalo. new york state is throwing out the old rule book to give your business a new edge, the edge you can only get in new york state. to grow our start your business, visit thenewny.com
5:13pm
>> bill: in the impact segment tonight, there are signs that the washington establishment is turned against the obama administration, at least temporarily. senator harry reid says he is appalled by the associated press story and wonders why the justpartment dk the a.p. for information before seizing phone records. "the washington post" giving the administration four pin kno-ho-co co-s
5:14pm
meaning he is not telling the truth about how he described the attack on weapon gaze. lots of obama supporters have starting to jump off the ship. joining from you watts washington is kate obenshain and were powers who said this. the president is so centrally involving himself with repeated lies. i will call them lies because they are lies. they are on tape. nobody thought that he called it a terrorist attack. >> bill: all right. now did you get any blow back from that powers? >> nothing more than the usual. >> bill: because you use the the word lies in the context of the president and that is pretty strong. >> sometimes do you have to call a spade a spade. the "the washington post" called it a whopper. and gave up four pinocchios. i called it a lie. it is. it is transparently a lie. >> bill: why do you think then the president is putting his reputation on the line. >> i don't know. >> and people like you in the "the washington post" who support the president, why do you think he is
5:15pm
doing that? you must have some thought about it. there has got to be a reason the man is putting his whole reputation on the line here. >> i don't know if he he doesn't remember what he he said but the he is playing word games. it's getting old. you have a situation where you have the "new york times" reporting on september 20th, that's the first time the white house used the word terrorism in connection with an attack. this is not up for opinion. it's a fact. he was asked in an interview with steve croft right afterwards. >> bill: you are dodging my question. >> i can't get inside his head and know why he does it. >> bill: he has white house counsel to remind him what he says. all right? he has speech writers who put on paper what he said and what he hasn't said. he is going out there, powers, and attempting to rewrite history. all right? >> he yes. >> bill: that's how i'm going to put it you say he is lying. okay. but there has got to be a reason why he is doing it and you don't know? you don't have any idea? i didn't thought about it?
5:16pm
>> i hate -- you know, bill, do you this with me a lot. you try to get me into the intent of why people are doing things. i don't know what his intent is. all i know is what he is doing. >> bill: let's throw it over to kate. >> is he continually saying something that is demonstrably false. >> bill: dupe do you have any idea why the president might be doing, this kate? >> because every time he has done it in the past he has gotten away with it, bill. this is the first time because it is so egregious, because him coming out and saying that he called it a terrorist attack is so ridiculous that the press would finally be made to look like idiots. so they have to come out. not kirsten at all. i think she is being an objective journalist right now and i appreciate that. but i do think the press is in a position where the american people are so aware that the president is standing up, telling a complete lie to the american people that he blamed it on a video and that to go along with the lie any longer would. >> bill: do you go with the theory that this is all about the election that he
5:17pm
did that and mislead everybody that he didn't want to get in trouble with the romney people about being soft on terrorism or not handling the benghazi thing so he decided to try to cover this up and now he just doesn't want to admit he did it? >> that was certainly part of it what he was covering up, the extent to what he he was covering up, we don't each know. we now know, as you pointed out that we know what happened in terms of some of the sequence of events. but we still don't know what went on behind the scenes. no that's why even beckel wants to know, powers. even beckel wants to know what happened. now, you had jay carney today. i just wish i was in that room. we can't talk about the irs because there is an investigation. this is the biggest ruse in the world. all right? >> yeah. >> bill: so we are never going to answer any questions about any controversy because there is always going to be an investigation. i'm just going when is this going to stop in the press corps you know what they should have done en masse walked out o. >> i don't know why one of
5:18pm
them doesn't just say we sit in here and hear you talk about ongoing investigations all the time. newtown was an ongoing investigation. benghazi was an ongoing investigation. the boston cops was an ongoing investigation. i mean, you can go through all these things. they choose to not do it -- i just don't understand why someone doesn't call him out. >> bill: everyone in the pressroom should have left. with all due respect, jay carney, when you are ready to answer questions we will come back. you are making excuse. pats tently transparent. you are insulting us and the american people you can answer any question you want about this investigation. you just can't prejudice it the president can't say so and so did it. that, you can't do. but you can say how many irs agents have been disciplined, if any. you can say that. >> yeah, you can also speak on principles. i mean he they can principles. >> bill: what happened will be mad. yeah, thanks. you believe that the a.p. thing is a big scandal,
5:19pm
right? you are putting the word scandal on it? >> you bet i am. i'm not the only one who is putting the word scandal on it. >> bill: believe me i know. everybody is putting -- you have got to be careful with that because it is a national security issue. the a.p. has been exceedingly kind to barack obama so there is no politics involved in it. so i'm just going to tell you that i think that on that one, the right wing ought to be a little bit circumspect. >> i think they have got to be careful on all of these issues and make sure this don't politicize them. there is no way you could look at this issue where the department of justice it appears violated at least four of their guidelines when it comes to seizing secretly seizing phone records. the breath of it. >> bill: remember, attorney general holder doesn't know anything about it? >> please, bill. you are falling for the story if you say that. >> bill: no, no, no. i'm not falling anything. >> you are like the press sitting in the same party briefing room. >> bill: i don't fall for anything. i don't fall for stuff.
5:20pm
you know that. >> don't fall for holder. >> bill: with all due respect, mr. attorney general, why don't you go out to lunch and brings in the guy who is responsible for it. we will ask him questions. >> he said he didn't even know that, bill. he said he didn't even know who signed off. that's bologna. >> bill: nobody kn >> there is a scandal behind it, i guarantee you. >> bill: i'm going to hold you to that. >> okay. >> bill: directly ahead talk with the tea party leader about the irs audits and how much damage they did to her. dennis miller all kinds of stuff on the scan tells, that should be fas sinating. those reports after these messages. others, because of our reputation for reliability. or maybe it's because we've received jd power and associates' customer service award 4x in a row. in the end, there are countless reasons. but one choi.
5:21pm
that work the way you wish they would. like a front-end loader you can detach from your seat? or a mower deck you just drive over and cut through knee-deep grass no problem? yep. we thought the same thing you did. that's why we build them this way. that's how we run. nothing runs like a deere. visit your dealer or johndeere.com/howwerun to see the new signature series and 1 family tractors.
5:22pm
if you're suffering from constipation, miralax or metamucil may take days to work. or faster relief, try dulcolax laxative tablets. dulcolax provides gentle relief overnight unlike miralax and metamucil that can take up to 3 days. for predictable relief try dulcolax.
5:23pm
>> bill: unresolved problem segment tonight. the irs scandal seems to be growing. the irs has admitted targeting conservatives in an unfair way and today the speaker of the house reacted. >> the irs has admitted to targeting conservatives,
5:24pm
even if the white house continues to be stuck on the word "if." now, my question isn't about who is going to resign. my question is who is going to jail over this scandal. >> bill: joining us now from washington jenny beth martin national coordinator for the tea party patriots organization. ms. martin, tell us very specifically what the irs did to you. >> bill, there is so many themes it is difficult to list them all. they ask for the list of all of our donors even though legally when you are donating to a 501 c 4 organization if you donate less than $5,000 it's allowed to be anonymous. they will wanted to know every member of congress that are -- our supporters talked to. as citizens we have a right to talk to senators and congressman without reporting that to the irs. they asked for a group -- one of our groups they asked for the list of all the books that they had used in their book club and they wanted that group to write a book report on it. the list goes on and on.
5:25pm
>> bill: this was all so you could get tax-free, tax exempt status extended? is that why you were -- >> -- no. not extended. >> bill: what was interaction with the irs all about. >> not even rescinded. we have never been granted or rejected irs status for 501 c 4 or 501 c 3 status. we applied in december of 2010. it's been over two years. >> bill: it's still pending. you still don't have it? >> the irs is still stringing us along today. >> bill: so, in order to try to get the tax exempt status, that organization is like planned parenthood, for example have, and very active political organizations have. in order to try to get that you filed a requisite paper with the irs and then they came in and asked you intrusive questions about things that you believe they had no business asking about; is that correct. >> that's absolutely correct. it wasn't like they came in and asked for it. there was nothing -- no
5:26pm
communication from them for months and months and months and months. >> bill: so they dragged it on. they weren't responsive to what you wanted to do. >> they weren't responsive. they still are not responsive. our attorneys today cannot get a return phone call from the irs. >> bill: you are still not a tax exempt. there has got to be some kind of thing can you do. are you going to sue them? >> well, we are acting as a 501 c 4 and filing as a 501 c 4. we are acting as if we are a 501 c 4 since we can't get an answer from them. we are still working on 501 c 3 status. we are looking and sewing the -- suing the irs. we are calculating our damages right now. what happened at the irs is an abuse of power. we cannot allow it to stand. we certainly can't allow a precedent to be set. >> bill: did you yourself ever have any conversations with the irs agents who were doing this to you you? >> no. i communicated with my attorney. >> bill: your counsel did. >> yes. >> bill: people should know that your donations are probably far lower than
5:27pm
they would have been if this had been, you know, cleared up and then people could write the check and know they got the tax write-off from it that's true where you could show damages. so, in your opinion though, and this is an opinion question. what was driving this? was it just individual zealots in the irs who didn't like the tea party or was this coming down from high and do you have any evidence to back that up? >> well, you know, it's hard for us to tell whether it's coming down from high or not because the inspector general report that came out yesterday doesn't tell when it started or who started it or why it started. they redact that at the very beginning of their report. so, i don't know why i can speculate because tea party and patriot groups and groups that wanted to educate on the constitution were targeted. but liberal groups were not. no look, it's huge. and we'll get to the bottom of it, ms. martin. thank you very much for appearing this evening. >> thank you. >> bill: plenty more ahead as the factor moves along
5:28pm
this evening. former "fox & friends" co-host e.d. hill underwent the same procedure. d me to take a centrum silver multivitamin every day. i told him, sure. can't hurt, right? and now today, i see this in the news. once again, centrum silver was chosen by researchers for another landmark study. this time looking at eye health. my doctor! he knows his stuff. [ male announcer ] centrum. the most studied. the most recommended. and the most preferred multivitamin brand. the choice is clear. only rzr delivers. now's the time to buy during the polaris xp sales event. take your pick of our new limited edition rzrs and get financing as low as 2.99 percent.
5:29pm
save even more with rebates up to 500 dollars... or totally customize your new rzr with up to 500 dollars of free polaris accessories. razor sharp performance is waiting for you during the polaris xp les event. razor sharp performance is waiting for you and do you know your... blooa or b positive?? have you eaten today? i had some lebanese food for lunch. i love the lebanese. i... i'm not sure. enough of the formalities... lets get started shall we? jimmy how happy are folks who save hundreds of dollars switching to geico? happier than dracula volunteering at a blood drive. we have cookies... get happy. get geico. fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more.
5:30pm
5:31pm
we're so choosy about the cuts of beef that meet our higher kosher standards that only a slow-motion bite can capture all that kosher delight. and when your hot dog's kosher, that's a hot dog you can trust. hebrew national. >> bill: personal story segment tonight. appearing lena jolie got more coverage than benghazi and the irs when she told the world she had a double
5:32pm
that seq. tonal to prevent breast cancer which runs in her family.in 2010 e.d. hill ut the same procedure for similar reasons and she joins us now. what happened? why did you make the decision. >> at a certain point you get sick of being scared. you are worried for yourself. you are worried for your family especially if you have children. and i think that if you are by nature a strong person, a strong-willed person, you don't like feeling powerless. >> bill: so your mother had a mastectomy, right? >> she had a double mastectomy. >> how old was she when that happened. >> she was in her mid 50s. she had been double bypasses. i remember her going in for checkups. >> the doctors told family after going through jennette counseling it's not a question of if or when. you really had to do this, right? >> in my mind, yes. it's very hard to get to that point because it's a dramatic step.
5:33pm
>> bill: absolutely. a psychological thing and a physical thing. >> it's really mental. >> bill: it was a mental thing more difficult than the physical? >> absolutely. going up to it, it's the worrying about, you know, tests, eventually. two years before i got it done, it was down to every month i'm going in for tests you worry one test to the next what the result will be. >> bill: whether you have cancer. what about the decision to have surgery. >> that's it because, you know, you are a woman. the thought of having what is most associated with being a woman cut off, it's a hard hurdle to get over. you think i'm not going to be me. i'm going to be gross. what will my husband think when he sees me? how will other people think about me? you really -- it's so stupid but you do think about that. you should be thinking just health but you are thinking about that weird stuff. >> bill: that's huge. it's an absolute legitimate thing to think about. they have tremendous reconstruction surgery now, right? >> yes. they have got lots of options and i think that
5:34pm
that probably is going to be helping people make the decision. >> bill: when they explain, listen, we're going to have the mastectomy but we can do. this right. >> bill: so, physically, you are going to be, what, you describe it. is it the same? close to the same. >> i think i look way better. [ laughter ] how do you describe how do you look right now? >> bill: you know how you look. >> i think i look like me. >> bill: like you looked all along and they were able to do that, right? >> yes, they are. >> bill: the bottom line for people, for women out there who have this in their hereditary, is that -- it's very difficult emotionally but physically now. >> if i knew how relieved i would be and never worry about it again, i wish i would have done it so much earlier. >> how old were you when you did it. >> very young, 29. bill, you never ask a woman her age. [ laughter ] >> bill: give me a ballpark, 40s, right? >> yes.
5:35pm
>> bill: because this isn't frivolous. we want people to understand. >> right. >> bill: you did it as a young woman, but you now wish you had did it earlier. >> i wish i had, you know. >> bill: to take all of that emotional. >> as soon as it went from thible checkups to every six months i wish i had done it right then. >> bill: had there been any unintended consequences after the surgery? >>. no in fact, after the surgery because i went public with it, people have -- i have had so many people contact me. and talk to me about my decision and tell me what's going on with them. and. >> bill: physically for you any downside? any negative? >> no, no. >> bill: sports, you can do the same thing. >> you can do everything. >> bill: you are like riding horses all the time and running around and chasing kids and doing everything. playing highs hockey, aren't you on the bruins? i think i saw you. >> it takes a number of months to recuperate. about six months before you can be fully active. but, you go right back to you. >> bill: doing everything you used to do. >> absolutely. >> bill: okay. well, we need everybody
5:36pm
like you and angelina jolie. >> she is great. i'm so glad she did this. >> bill: you have to because your life is much, much better now. >> and people are more informed because of women like angelina jolie. >> bill: good to see you again. thank you. when we come right back, miller time, the scandal he addition. i do really have to say anymore? miller is next. with the new staples rewards program you get 5% back, on everything.
5:37pm
everything. everything. everything. everything. everything. everything? [ all ] everything? yup! with the new staples rewards program you get 5% back on everything. everything? everything. [ male announcer ] the new staples rewards program. get free shipping and 5% back on everything your business needs. that was easy. on everything your business needs. we've been bringing people fotogether.5 years today we'd like people to come together on something that concerns all of us...obesity. and as the nations leading beverage company we can play an important role. that includes continually providing more options. giving people easy ways to help make informed choices. and offering portion controlled versions of our most popular drinks. it also means working with our industry to voluntarily change whats offered in schools. but beating obesity will take continued action by all of us.
5:38pm
based on one simple common sense fact, all calories count. and if you eat and drink more calories then you burn off you'll gain weight. that goes for coca cola and everything else with calories. finding a solution will take all of us. but at coca cola we know when people come together good things happen to learn more visit coke.com/comingtogether to fly home for the big family reunion. you must be garth's father? hello. mother. mother! traveling is easy with the venture card because you can fly airline anytime. two words. double miles! this guy can act. wanna play dodge rock? oh, you guys! and with double miles you can actuay use, you never miss the fun. beard growing conte and go! ♪ win! what's in your wallet?
5:39pm
resulting in unexpected power and agility. experience the adventurous, all-powerful gator rsx850i. sixty-two horsepower, a fully independent multi-link suspension and a top speed of 53 miles per hour. it's a whole new species of gator. right now, visit your dealer or johndeere.com/gator to get $800 off the gator rsx850i.
5:40pm
>> bill: thanks for staying with us, i'm bill o'reilly in the miller time segment tonight. the scandal edition. joining us now from santa barbara, the sage of southern california, mr. miller. so, i pretty much don't have anything to do in this segment. i'm going to go out and get a dr. pepper if you don't mind. and then you just, you know, kind of begin with jay carney and go. >> well, they are going to audit dr. pepper because they don't think he wants obama care so he this have go after him. you know, billy, if somehow later this week sandra fluke images -- manages to get knocked up i'm never going to quit laughing. this is rich. mrs. fuddrucker, looks like we have got ourselves a convoy. did you see holder today? is he shakier than a jack ma'amer operator playing
5:41pm
janga on lunch break. what about jay carney over there. a worst plouffe than marty feldman holding pocket aces. that cat blows more smoke than a death rattle. a couple more weeks like this president obama is going to be claiming is he kenyan. i don't want to say anything. they asked the white house dog bo to change his name to checkers this week. do you remember when obama was telling in this is when the ocean starts to recede, yeah, why do you know bs is less dense than ice. >> bill: i assume from that opening monologue that you are not really buying the white house's explanation for any of these things? >> billy, you have shut out the lights in the last in the room. i'm out, man. >> bill: you have been out for a while. it looks like you are going to be a prophet here. but, let's take it one by one. the thing about carney -- >> -- billy, he was a professor at the university of chicago. that's where they had enrique cycletron not only
5:42pm
does the buck not stop with the president anymore. it speeds up there do you remember that ride at the amusement park the whip that would make it down to the end? that's the buck in this white house. never has the guy been more out of the loop, who i am told is the the center of it all. listen, forget change in the world as we know it wake up. check your file of facts. it's hitting the fan, powell. >> bill: now, i said earlier in the broadcast that if i were a part of the white house press corps, i would have walked out of jay carney's briefing today when he said oh, we can't comment on the irs thing because the fbi is investigating. this is the oldest ruse in the world. this is what they all do. they hide behind investigations when they don't have -- every judge who gives a child rapist six months in jail oh, i can't comment. oh, you know, we know what you are doing. but, the white house press corps, i mean, they should have all got up and left.
5:43pm
that would have been a statement. >> yeah. because they're honorable people. listen, somebody better outfit carney for a 40 reg jumpsuit over there at greyhound motors because is he about to be working with the other mechanics under the bus. >> bill: no. they are not going to fire him. >> carney? >> bill: no. he is such a true believer. you know, he will be there forever. >> i don't know about that. they got one priority now, bill, on the left. and i don't even think it's obama anymore. i think they think obama screwed the pooch on this. i think it's hillary. that's what the number one -- they are moving all their chips over there. >> bill: save hillary, they think that barack obama is done. >> of course. >> bill: i don't know. i don't know. he is a pretty -- they have a lot of resources. >> i don't mean done like he is going to get kicked out. it's just he has served his purpose. hillary is the next 8 years. they will move chips away from him and they will move chips over to her and build a little deference around her. anybody who has to go is going to have to go. it's not going -- they are not going to let it get
5:44pm
into the oval office, obviously. they are going to stop it short of that. and, you know, i don't know who their holderman is. maybe it's chick over there. >> bill: valerie jarrett? >> valerie jarrett is going to stop it holder goes, maybe. maybe carney goes. somebody has got to go. they have got to throw a body out the door. >> bill: of all the three big ones this week, benghazi, irs, a.p., which one bothers you the most. >> benghazi because there are four guys dead. i also sense that they are more concerned. i heard dems today talking about the one that doesn't matter to me the a.p. monitoring them and seeing how many sex lives they are using each month. listen, as far as the irs goes, i always assume this goes on. but i'm betting glenn beck has had his wazood armor alled he did about to get audited. >> bill: he always gets paid in gold. they have to weigh his stuff. >> if you are a conservative group and
5:45pm
thinking of cheating on your taxes, you might want to buy on the dips as they say. this might be the time because i don't think they can go in on anybody. >> bill: a.p. two years where they can't touch you. >> they can't. cdap. beautiful, got the biggest bus kissers in the world and the president telling them to kiss his butt. it's perfect. >> bill: dennis miller, everybody. quick reminder 200 tickets left for the bolder fresher show he spokane washington july 20th, make dad happy for father's day. 30 tickets for the show. check it out on bill o'reilly.com. on deck cammeron andes rosen, some inside stuff about the intense problems the obama administration is experiencing. then factor tip of the day will make you healthier. we'll be right back. why are twice as many people choosing verizon over any other carrier?
5:46pm
many choose us because we have the largest 4glte network. others, because of our reputation for reliability. or maybe it's because we've received jd power and associates' customer service award 4x in a row. in the end, there are countless reasons. but one choi. [ male announcer ] a car that can actually see like a human using stereoscopic cameras ♪ and even stop itself if it has to. ♪ the technology may be hard to imagine... but why you would want it is not. the 2014 e-class, see your authorized mercedes-benz dealer for exceptional offers through mercedes-benz financial services.
5:47pm
5:48pm
5:49pm
>> bill: back of the book segment tonight, as we mentioned there are some who believe the washington establishment is turning against the obama administration because of all the chaos. enter congressman charles rangel. is he even disenchanted about the a.p. story. >> the president has to come forward and share why he did not alert the press that they were going to do this. he has to tell americans, including me, what was this national security question. >> bill: all right. joining us now from washington ace reporters james rosen and carl cameron. so you believe the president is in trouble on his home field, cammeron. do you believe that he is in serious trouble? not temporary trouble, serious trouble? >> i don't know if it's serious yet. but to varying degrees he has lots of trouble. among democrats the president is not running for re-election next year and they are. and they don't want to be explaining this constantly. even senate majority leader harry reid yesterday was
5:50pm
ticked off about the irs and a.p. scan tells. that doesn't mean he is going to stop pushing the obama agenda. upset about the collection of the a.p. phone records that doesn't mean they will start treating taking responsibility, and frankly firing people. if he does that, well, and the investigations don't reveal more, he'll be fine. if i doesn't do it, the investigations reveal more, it will cost him more. >> the problem is he's right in the middle of the benghazi thing as we said at the top of the program. he has to explain yes, two weeks after the ambassador was murdered, still wouldn't, you know, own up to really what it was, despite being told by his national security people it was an organized terror attack. he has to explain that. >> from his days before taking office, he always considered himself an iconic transformative figure, above these things,
5:51pm
laying it off on lower staffers. even before the controversies started, bill, democrats were worried about the impact on their party after he's gone. a senior official in bill clinton's second term, 12 pages long, came out about a week and a half ago, and says that the democratic party is in decline, in large measure because of what president obama has done. >> bill: the president can lay off the irs and the ap thing on other people, but benghazi he has to explain it. romney didn't force him to do it when he could have in the third debate. now the american people are saying, now you got to do it. is he? >> i think he's surprised, and the administration is surprised at the staying power of benghazi as a story, the way it's picked up steam as a scandal, but the obama administration, his senior aides, they regard that of the three big stories we're talking
5:52pm
about as the one that's closest to a winner for them, the one where they have a chance to persuade the public at large that it's really just ginned up by republican partisanship. be not fooled. yes, there's been some tougher questioning for jay carney, even for the president, on these subjects, but some of the toughest voices in today's blathersphere, there will be the most weepy laudtory eulogies of barack obama and his presidency. the current stories feeding the politico cycle are done as well. in retirement, barack obama will benefit from an incredibly well-funded, well-coordinated campaign for constitutional enshrinement similar to which we saw after the assassination of president kennedy. >> bill: well, also bill clinton did well in post-spin.
5:53pm
you're discounting things, rosen, these things could get a lot worse. >> that's true. >> bill: this isn't the crest of the wave. this wave is starting to come now, but it's certainly not the crest. when you start to get people like john dean -- look, nixon thought he was going to beat it. it was only when john dean turned that he got hammered. he would have beaten it. if somebody in there says, you know what, this was corrupt from the jump, this benghazi thing was all campaign-driven, then, rosen, your theory goes out the window. >> bill, we've seen some people from within the comings, whistleblowers, on the benghazi story come out, and the white house and the state department have done their best to marginalize them. it wasn't john dean that did in richard nixon, it was the nixon tapes, bill. >> bill: rosen wrote a book on this. give me a little bit, rosen. had a lot to do with it, all right? >> all right. he was the chief accuser, i
5:54pm
agree. >> bill: gentleman, thank you. in a moment, "factor" tip of the day. hopefully it will make you feel better. the tip is next. are you still sleeping? just wanted to check and make sure that we were on schedule. the first technology of its kind...
5:55pm
mom and dad, i have great news. is now providing answers families need. siemens. answers. i honestly loved smoking, and i honestly didn't think i would ever quit. [ male announcer ] along with support, chantix (varenicline) is proven to help people quit smoking. it reduces the urge to smoke. it put me at ease that you could smoke on the first week. [ male announcer ] some people had changes in behavior, thinking or mood, hostility, agitation, depresd mood and suicidal thoughts or actions while taking or after stopping chanti if you notice any of these stop taking chantix and call your doctor right away. tell your doctor about any history of depression or otr mental health proems, which could get worse while taking chantix. don't take chantix if you've had a serious allergic or skin reaction to it. if you develop these stop taking chantix and see your doctor right away as some can be life-threatening. tell your doctor if you have a history of heart or blood vessel problems, or if you develop new or worse symptoms. get medical help right away if you have symptoms of a heart attack or stroke. use caution when driving or operating machinery. common side effects include nausea, trouble sleeping and unusual dreams.
5:56pm
with chantix and with the support system it worked for me. [ male announcer ] ask your doctor if chantix is right for you. >> "fact" tip of the day. you might feel better after you hear it in a moment. first dad will feel better if you get him a new line of car. usa strong, hats and shirts, flying out of billoreilly.com. they send a message that no matter happens politically, we remain the most dominant country on earth. also dad might like any of my three books currently on the market. latest one, "keep it pithy," a lot of fun. all the fun i get from billoreilly.com, goes to charity. now the mail. president obama is the ceo of the country. all federal departments report to him, therefore he is responsible for what happens. glendale, arizona, no president would order the irs to go after conservative groups, but if it turns out mr. obama knew what
5:57pm
was going on, that's an impeachable offense. correct. dr. mike drath, murfreesboro, illinois. the doj's acquisition of phone records is a direct attack on the first amendment. the ap elaborate kind to president obama, so this can't be a possible political hunt. bakessersfield, california, i'm 15, see violence in my school every day. thank you for covering the issue. it's getting worse as school boards become more cowardly. john bolton, monroe, louisiana. i teach high school, world history. you'd be appalled at the violence i see and the lack of canadiens placed upon the offending students.
5:58pm
upper saddle river, new jersey, the violent 14-year-old should be allowed back in class. it's not like she said the pledge of allegiance or anything another one, the texas couple who donated chairs for our wounded amputees give us hope for america. there's information about that track chair program on billoreilly.com, glen. we hope everybody checks it out. we're doing pretty well. still working to get all 1700 american amputees in afghanistan and iraq those track chairs. mark, atlantic beach, florida. thanks, bill, for covering the late-term abortionist. no one else does that. that's why "the factor" is number one. if you'll remember, i stopped eating wheat products about six weeks ago. wheat is in everything. check out your cupboard and read the ingredients. almost immediately after dropping the wheat, my cholesterol dropped and i feel more strong, more manly.
5:59pm
there's a new book out called the south beach diet gluten solution. the gluten-free business has taken off. we can get great italian food, no gluten. landmark diner, gluten-free stuff. trust me in five years, in the usa, gluten-free will be everybody. "factor" tip of the day. that's it for us tonight. check out the fox news "factor" website different than billoreilly.com. spite off, o'reilly @foxnews.com. word of the day, do not fulminate when corresponding with us. keep it pithy.
6:00pm
that's how you get on the air. the spin stops right here. we're definitely looking out for you. >> sean: this is a fox news alert. tonight there are top major two late breaking developments in scandals. a short time ago at the white house the president made a rare late-day appearance before cameras to announce the resignation of the acting commissioner of the irs. now, that departure comes days after we learned about the tax agency's efforts to target conservative organizations during the 2012 election cycle. we'll have much more on the president's remarks and the fallout from the irs's enemies list scandal over the course of the next hour. now, meanwhile tonight the white house has released 100 pages of emails related to the benghazi talking points. now, republicans have been

Terms of Use (10 Mar 2001)